The time of the year has come when we’re all tired and we’re now counting down the days until the holidays are upon us. I have done and seen a lot this year (mostly in the second half of the year)! I quit my job, I went to a shoe launch, I got my picture taken by the Google Street Car, I took an online baking course, I went overseas with Lenovo and I had a pic exhibited at the iPhoneography Exhibition (to name a few). With all that I have been up to and all that has happened, I’m really looking forward to my holiday in December. I can’t wait to dig my toes in the beach sand, soak up some summer sun, attempt to swim in the cold Atlantic Ocean, spend time with family…
So in the spirit of holidays, and to get us all in a happier mood, I just had to share these ridiculous, and real, travel complaints!
1. A tourist at a top African game lodge overlooking a waterhole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel “inadequate”.
2. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she’d been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the “do not disturb” sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
3. One woman said that topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned since the holiday was ruined as her husband spent all day looking at other women.
4. “No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
5. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
6. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying here?”
7. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.”
8. “On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.”