After what seemed like years, I finally received the “registered post” slip in my post box notifying me that the ila Dusk had arrived. I rushed through to the post office to collect it. As soon as I was safely home, I ripped open the sealed envelope and brought out the beautifully packaged ila Dusk.
The ila Dusk is a personal security alarm and is designed to be kept on display as a fashion accessory. You simply clip it to your handbag or use it as a keyring so it’s always on-hand should you ever need it. You shouldn’t be misled by the prettiness factor though… Just pull the chain and you’ll activate an ear-piercing 130Db *female scream! This scream is seriously loud! When I first tested the device, I made sure my earplugs were nearby and even they didn’t lessen the intensity. Luckily all you need to do to silence the alarm is plug the chain back into it’s position at the base of the device, which is no easy task. Heaven forbid you should lose this pin as then the only way you can silence this device is if the battery goes dead or if you smash it with a hammer.
Other useful information:
1. It weighs a mere 60gm with battery so it won’t weigh you down
2. It’s compact at a small 80mm length x 38mm width x 19mm height
3. A battery life of 3 years (but once the battery is flat you’ll need to purchase a new one)
4. It comes in a variety of colours and designs
5. You can find this handy little device from your nearest luggage store. It retails at about R200.00 but this will differ shop to shop.
*ila’s research has shown that people are more likely to respond to a scream than a traditional alarm sound. This “scream” also serves to disorientate the attacker.